This course is designed to reinforce essay composition skills and encourage writing for academic purposes. Students will be able to define elements of composition as well as understand important techniques involved in the writing style. This course will place emphasis on macro-level composition skills such as: essay structure, coherence, unity; and micro-level skills such as sentence structure, grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and mechanics for expository writing.
- Identify and define elements of expository writing, including thesis, topic sentences, unity, coherence, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding and competency of effective writing applications.
- Demonstrate understanding of writing as a process that involves composing, editing, and revising.
- Use Standard Written English and revise and edit writing for appropriateness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the connection between writing and thinking.
- Cultivate independent learning habits and practice strategies for academic success.
Course syllabus: BGCSE Expository Writing Syllabus
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 13
- Assessments Yes