BJC English Paper 2: Usage and Comprehension
This course will expose students to the information and skills needed to successfully complete Paper 2 of the English BJC exam. Paper 2 assesses students’ skills in terms of listening comprehension, reading comprehension, grammar/usage, and directed writing. Therefore, this course is designed to give students the background knowledge needed to build these skills, while also giving them the opportunity to practice their skills in various self-check exercises, graded assignments and quizzes.
- Identify and understand key terms used in comprehension questions
- Take notes after and during listening to a recording
- State basic recall information
- Quote particular information
- Critically analyze the deeper meaning of a word, phrase, or sentence
- Identify the main idea of a passage or paragraph
- Discuss the suitability of a passage’s title
- State the purpose of a paragraph or passage
- Define a word/phrase as used in the context of the passage
- Identify character traits of persons discussed in a passage
- Provide evidence to support statements and opinions
- Change words from one part of speech or verb tense to another
- Correctly spell words when changing part of speech or verb tense
- Effectively write a response to a passage using a particular form
- Paraphrase information from a passage
Course Syllabus: tts paper 2 usage and comprehension syllabus
- Lectures 28
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 15
- Skill level BJC Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Unit 1: What should I expect in BJC English Language Paper 2?
In this section, students will learn about the various sections of a typical paper 2 for BJC English Language.
Unit 2: Common Terms for Reading/Listening Comprehension
This section exposes students to 100 common terms used in reading/listening comprehension questions.
Unit 3: Listening Comprehension
In this section, students will learn the procedure for BJC English listening comprehension, tips for note-taking, practice a past paper and view answers, and complete a listening comprehension assignment.
- What is listening comprehension and how is it tested in the exam?
- Tips and Tricks: Making the most of your notes during and after listening
- Practice Paper
- Recording for Practice Exercise
- Answers for practice paper
- Assignment: Paper for Listening Comprehension 1 (15%)
- Assignment: Recording for assignment listening comprehension
Unit 4: First Reading Comprehension
In this section, students will learn about the typical questions that appear in the first shorter reading comprehension (worth 12 points), participate in an interactive PowerPoint with passages, questions and answers, practice a past paper with answers, and complete a reading comprehension assignment.
Unit 5: Cloze Passage
In this section, students learn about how to complete cloze passages, practice a past cloze passage, and complete an assignment cloze passage.
Unit 6: Second Reading Comprehension with Directed Writing
In this section, students will review the typical questions asked in most of the final reading comprehension exercises on Paper 2. Additionally, students will learn how to write directed writing questions, complete and view answers for a practice paper, and complete an assignment based on a past comprehension paper.
Unit 7: Complete Paper 2 (30%)
In this final unit, students will complete each section of a past Paper 2 exam.